Canada Day Activities
It is no coincidence that Canada Day is celebrated during one of the warmest months of the year. Whether you spend the day in the sun or participating in your favorite Canadian event, you must plan the perfect activity for this holiday. We have come up with a list of unique indoor and outdoor activities geared to celebrating our heritage and summer.
- Go to the beach. Use the holiday as an excuse to bake in the sun, enjoy the warm weather and cool water.
- Go to the park, fly a kite or walk your dog. Most Canadians spend this holiday outdoors so you will be able to take advantage of the summer heat and maybe make a new friend.
- Have your family and friends over for an old fashioned barbecue. Sip on Labatt Blue beer and appreciate what it means to be Canadian.
- Go to your towns local parade. Show your pride by dressing up in all red and white, you will get extra points from your friends if face paint is involved.
- Go to a carnival. Eat fried dough, snack on cotton candy, drink beer, go on all of your favorite rides and play all the games.
- Look up local concerts in your area. Many cities and towns hold festivals where bands will play music at outdoor venues.
- Lounge by the pool and read a good book. Maybe have a nice cold ice cream and enjoy the weather.
- Go for a ride in a hot air balloon. This fun activity lets you admire our beautiful country from thousands of feet in the air.
- Go to your local brewery. Canadians love beer, so there is no better way to celebrate our birthday than to take a tour of your favorite brewery. Many of these tours are free and come with samples.
- Go camping. Take a couple days off of work and enjoy everything that the Canadian wilderness has to offer.
- There is nothing more Canadian than hockey. Visit the Hockey Hall of Fame. Take an exhibit tour and honor your favorite players.
- Go to a citizenship ceremony. There is nothing more patriotic than watching new citizens take an oath to love honor and respect our country.
- Go to your local fireworks show. There is nothing more beautiful and patriotic than watching the colorful explosions light up the sky.
- Go fishing. Canada is famous for their awesome bass fishing and this is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and celebrate Canada.
- Go on a bear watch. This unique activity allow you to get up close and personal with grizzly bears in their natural habitat.
- Go white water rafting. Canada's rivers offer a variety of different difficulty levels so whether your a rafting pro or a rookie in search of an adventure rafting is always a fun activity.